Sad day

Today is the day I have been dreading for the past 6 months. 
It is my boss's last day at work. 


I'm sad. 


I'll miss him.


I don't want him to leave.


But one of the things that I learned thru B's tutelage  is "Circle of Influence/Circle of Concern." It means focus on the things that you have control over and not the things that are outside of your circle of influence. 


So I am going to focus on something that I can do. Tell you some of the things B has taught me over the years.


Lesson 1 - Gift of Fear. He made me read a book called Gift of Fear and then he quizzed me on it. Pay attention to your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Be smart about where you go and where you stay away from. Don't be afraid to stand up to people trying to intimidate you.


Lesson 2 - Balance. This is one of the 7 Habits. Actually it is called Sharpening the Saw. It's another book B "made" me read. Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Social. Four main areas of life that need/should be kept in balance. He actually taught me all of the 7 Habits plus the 8th one.


Lesson 3 - Apologize when you are wrong. He taught this one by example. I am sure there were many times that I didn't apologize when I should have. I'm sorry.


Lesson 4 - It's OK to have fun at work. It should actually be a requirement.


Lesson 5 - Integrity. Taught by example. Only with the help of Holy Spirit, will I truly be able to learn this lesson. I'm sure B would give Holy Spirit the credit for his own integrity.


Lesson 6 - How to wire an electrical outlet. Hands on learning. The best way to learn.


Lesson 7 - Don't accept any paper being handed to you by your boss until you know what it is. Oh wait, maybe I taught that one to him!?! My memory is a little blurry on that one.


"Don't say We'll see. We'll see means no."
"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission."
"Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
"Anything else for the good of the cause?"
"Good night Lady."


And now on to B's RAK.




" I took the basket from the flowers that some Super Duper People sent to me and recycled it into an Easter Basket.  I filled it with coffee and special chocolates for friends, intending to leave it on their front screen porch on Sunday morning.  Instead, after I made the basket, they called and invited me to dinner tonight, so their act of kindness will be repaid with my act of kindness!  See, they do multiply!"
(emphasis mine)


I completely agree. Our random acts of kindness always multiply.


Pray for me. Monday is going to be the hardest.
A

Comments

Popular Posts