Valentine's Day Party

It has become my sister's tradition to host a Valentine's day party for her two girls and the girls in their classes.
Little J gets to spend the day with dad.
 I went down the night before the party. I was going to hang out with little J, while the rest of the gang went out and about for Friday night fun. 
I was hoping that little J would help me finish making some decorations, but sadly he was battling a bad cold and slept all night. He missed out.
In the mean time, I finished making some cute banners.


I was going to make them using cute paper, but changed my mind. Instead I used fabric. I thought they might last longer.
I used two sided iron on interfacing and basically "glued" two different kinds of fabric to each other. Then used pinking shears to cut triangles.
They are secured onto thick yarn with tiny clothes pins. When we ran out of those we used binder clips. When we ran out of those, we used regular paper clips. 


 My sis made a cute cake. It is a Red cake that was a great idea for Valentine's Day, but did not appeal to the little girls.  :(


 As the guests arrived they started their party word search with their festive pencil. This is J's table with the iridescent star decorations. When I put out the decorations on the tables Friday night, I had the pink heart balloons stuck in the middle of the star decorations and had one on each table.


 The next morning, J redecorated her table by taking both star decorations for her table and giving C both heart balloons for her table. So C found some pretty bud vases and jazzed up her center pieces with some fake roses.
Both girls were happy with their tables.
 Even though it was not a birthday party, some guests brought the hostesses homemade gifts. I thought it was very lovely.

 My friend T had sent me these cute Love stamps. Of course, they were a huge hit with the little girls too. They used them to decorate their heart bookmarks.
 My sis had made bear cookies that the girls got to decorate with icing.
 She kept it simple and used ziplock baggies with a corner cut off. They also got to add sprinkles.
The girls had fun playing on their own. This group is a mix of J's friends and C's friends. They organized this game on their own. I  L - O - V - E that they played together!!! At the beginning of the party it had been very segregated. 


The rest of the party guests were upstairs destroying playing with the toys.   


All in all, I think J and C, and all of their guests had a wonderful time. 


Just like all parties, the clean up is always a drag. So J and C were given a challenge. We set the timer for 15 minutes and they did a sprint race to clean up all of the toys. My sis and I did the downstairs while the girls did the upstairs. It was the least painful cleaning up sprint that they have ever done.


I hope your Valentine's Day was as memorable!

Comments

Popular Posts