I fell off the blogger band wagon

One post in August. That is pitiful! So sorry to my friends and family who keep checking this blog and have seen the I'm Still Here post for the 30th time. 

At the end of July I made my way thru my first 4-H show in Taz. It was a lot less stressful than my first 4-H show in M-P. I've grown up a lot since then. And I learned that I can't make everyone happy. And I learned to start many conversations with the words "I'm sorry."

I was a good fair. The weather was not overly hot. Plenty warm but not unbearable.


Many of the photos I have to share with you were taken by one of my co-workers and one of my 4-Hers. I missed having my camera attached to my neck for three days. But it was wonderful to have so many super pictures of all of the events. There is no way that I could have done that by myself.

One of the favorite attractions was the dunk tank. This is my crazy, super fun, always cheerful co-worker H in the cage. She was so excited to spend an hour in there. I think she raised $40. It was $1 for three balls. That is a very productive hour. :)



Do you remember that post about saying good buy to the food stand in M-P? You know, that one that I whined about having to clean it every summer. 
Sadly, in Taz we have to power wash all of the tables and display boards before the fair starts. It is just a tiny bit more fun than cleaning the food stand. 

Many years ago, a group of my M-P 4-Hers made me a t-shirt that said "I don't know. What does the Show book say?" It is a new lesson for the Taz volunteers and 4-Hers. I'll get it drilled into their heads sooner or later. 








Just a few more of my favorite photos. 

I believe that I accomplished the goal that was set before me at the time I joined the Taz team - a kinder and gentler 4-H program. 

I did not accomplish all of my personal organization goals. There are a few more "special touches" that I would like to add for next year. And I did not accomplish my goal of getting more high schoolers involved in volunteering. But I made progress towards both of them this year. 

Here's to Show #14 being "put to bed."





Comments

Popular Posts