A mile high...

...and feeling the effects.

I flew in to Denver this past weekend to spend some time with my baby cousin. She lives near Colorado Springs, which according to Wikipedia is 6,035 feet above sea level. The altitude sickness was a surprise to me. I've been guzzling the water and powering through. Cookies and happy pills help too. ;)

The weather has been perfect. Bright blue skies, white fluffy clouds, 80s, no humidity, sunshine, lovely!
I have been learning a lot about life on an army base. Revelary is at 6:30 a.m. and retreat is at 5 p.m. and taps is at 10 p.m. The canon fire early in the morning is special. I have been paying attention to how each check point guard greets us when we drive on post. The commissary has great deals, I wish I could shop there all of the time.

Off base, our adventures have included:
an afternoon wandering through Old Colorado City.
We chatted for a long time while enjoying tea and hot chocolate in this beautiful coffee shop.

I documented my visit to the original Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. My co-workers will be impressed. We are big fans at the office.
We popped into the shop, but did not buy anything. The line was too long. When I left the office last Friday, there was an RMCF apple in the fridge at work. I wonder if my co-workers enjoyed it yet?
We enjoyed window shopping and exploring the specialty shops. 




We spent Labor Day, laboring in the kitchen.


....to be continued.

Comments

  1. How fun! It looks like you had a great trip! Miss you and hope to talk to you soon!!! International J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts