I was pleasantly surprised

Sometimes I worry that the ice breakers that I plan will be considered "too dorky" for my group of high schoolers. I was pleasantly surprised, when they asked if we could do the newest ice breaker every month.

Take large news print or super duper large post - it notes and write a question on it. Leave room for the group to write.

Place the questions on the wall or tables around the room As people arrive for the meeting have them go around the room, write their name and answer to the question on each one.

At my last meeting the questions were: Who was the first person you talked to this morning? If you didn't have to go to school or worry about money, what would you do? What is the best food you have ever tasted?

After the majority of the group has arrived, either give everyone more time to go around and read everyone else's answers or have someone read all of the answers.

Have fun with your questions.
Tata
Anita Wilkinson

Comments

Popular Posts