I think I used up all of my words

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. It has been an unusually busy week.
Lots of meetings, a big event with lots of kids and volunteers, teaching a computer class, celebrating a 1st place standing with my team and tomorrow I'm off to celebrate my niece and nephew's birthdays.

I think I will try to come up with a RAK that I can do down in their neck of the woods. Hmmm....I'll have to think on that one.

J's 2nd RAK is super encouraging. 


Mika's is a cute coffee shop in J's hometown. 


Wait, is that right???? Do you consider a person's hometown the place where they live with their husband and children? Or is it the place where they grew up living with their parents and siblings?


Well, Mika's is in the town where she currently lives. Mrs. Ferguson is her son's pre-school teacher.


When she sent me this photo, she mentioned that she had to keep this one a secret from her son, so that it would remain a secret from his teacher. 


J's gift certificate reminds me of a funny story.


Every so often during the summer, my co-workers and I would go on "Economic Development" trips. We would all walk up to the coffee shop for a drink. Along the way, we might wander into one of the businesses to visit or browse. The one that we stop at the most is the local photographer. We love to look at his photos. 


One time we stopped in before we went to the coffee shop. He sarcastically suggested that we bring him back a strawberry banana smoothie.


Well, you know how I deal with sarcasm....I take them at their word. So we brought him a smoothie.


Since then, he keeps telling me that he is going to surprise me and show up at my office with a smoothie. (I ordered a strawberry.)


He mentions it, almost every time I see him.


That was two years ago. Or was it three?


I don't think I will ever see that strawberry smoothie. :)


Happy Weekend!
A



Comments

Popular Posts