a game of blogging tag


My CFA tagged me in a game of blogging tag. She writes over at Look to Him and be Radiant. Since we no longer see each other daily or weekly, it is nice to at least read about her life online. :)

It only took me two weeks to respond. Sorry for my sluggish blog activity lately. 


So Here's The Rules:


  1. The first rule is to post these rules.
  2. Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
  3. Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.



That's me on the right. My oldest niece J is posing on the left.

Eleven things about myself
one - I was in WI this past weekend with my dear friend J.We went to a concert with Aaron Shust, Jason Gray and Downhere. It was a great night out!

two - I love the program Adobe InDesign. I thought I could go without using it at my new office, but after 6 months I broke down and loaded my personal copy onto my work computer. 

three - I just saved my brother-in-law and sister $1950 on repairing my car after my sister backed into it. A little buffing and touch up - skip the new plastic bumper and trim and don't worry about the dent. Cha-ching, $$$$ money saved! I love it!

four - I found a great second hand store in Peoria that I always find something that fits and at a great price. I would tell you about it, but I'm afraid it if gets too popular, there won't be anything left :).

five - I am the new mama of 24 baby chicks. I incubated them in my office and they hatched on Monday. I'll save the photos for another blog post.

six - I love to play volleyball. Love it love it love it! It never matters if we win or lose, I always love playing with my team. 

seven - I'm also a volleyball snob. I only love playing volleyball with other people who know how to play. I try to avoid playing any "slop" ball games. 

eight - the last couple of years I have added a new vegetable to my foods I eat. At the beginning there were so few veggies that I liked, it was easy to add something new and tasty. I'm not sure what to add this year. Parsnips was one recommendation. 

nine - I make the best batch of popcorn. I consider it one of my specialties. It is the only dish that I have ever had people ask me to make for them.

ten - I have changed my own car battery, car oil and windshield wiper blades. 

eleven - one of my life long goals is to learn to back up with a trailer attached to the back.

My CFA's questions for me.....



  • Favorite movie? Driving Miss Daisy or Fried Green Tomatoes
  • What did you want to be when you were little? I don't remember much from when I was little. I remember when I was really little I wanted to be "Julie" who was one of our neighbors. When I was in high school I wrote a report about wanting to be an obstetrician, but that didn't last long. 
  • Most expensive item [at the grocery store] that you have ever purchased?? Razor blades. Can you believe how much they cost now?
  • Best television series you have ever watched? NCIS.  After 10 years, they still have a strong character plot going on along with interesting issues in individual episodes. (That was exactly what my CFA wrote for her question/answer. I didn't even change the explanation. In fact, last night's episode is playing in the background as I type this.)

    • Most Memorable Moment - when I broke my foot is the one that came to my mind first. 
    • Favorite Childhood TV Show - Dukes of Hazard was a favorite! 
    • Kitchen Item You Cannot Live Without - wooden spoon and my little ceramic corel cooking pan
    • Favorite Recipe -Roasted chicken
    • Dream Vacation - a nice rental house in a small quaint town that is quiet and peaceful. It could be near an ocean or a lake or in the woods.
    • Coffee, Tea or Pop - tea with honey
    • Favorite CD that you can listen to the whole thing -Mercy Me, The Generous Mr. Lovewell.
    1. I tag... Ema
    Her questions are:
    1. What color is your toothbrush?
    2. Describe a recent funny story from/with your nieces or nephews.
    3. What would you like for your 40th birthday?
    4. What is the most recent thing you cleaned?
    5. What was a memorable facebook comment you read today?
    6. Name every school you have been a student.
    7. What do you remember about kindergarden?
    8. Who do you talk to the most on a regular work day?
    9. If you had a completely free day would you fill it with new adventures or just relax?
    10. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
    11. Have you ever broken a bone? If so how did it happen?



    Comments

    1. Yay!
      three- I hope J & C find a way to spread the love. tickets to Germany? new clothes? investors in your teambuilding/health food/retreat center? They owe you now.
      eight- have you tried kale? drizzle with olive oil and sea salt & roast in the oven. crunchy and very nutritious
      nine- true story about your popcorn. It rocks.
      and, love that you used my NCIS explanation. I have you to thank for getting me hooked on that one.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts