A wild adventure

 I was honored to be asked to photograph Amanda and Adam's wedding. 

Amanda is a dear friend of my "baby" cousin E. There is a group of 4 girls who have been close friends since grade school. They refer to themselves a CAKE. Amanda and Baby E are the vowels of the group.
Three out of the four were my 4-Hers. Amanda was the only one not in 4-H. But there were plenty of opportunities that I was around her and her family. Completely lovely family.

From the beginning, I knew that they wanted to have their wedding at the zoo. The location was a priority. I remember hearing her mom say that they were willing to save money on other things so that they could have the perfect location.

Throughout the summer, we prayed and prayed for rain. Then the day of the wedding, we prayed that the rain would stop.

The rain and sun played tag all day long. Thankfully, the buildings and gardens lended themselves to running in and out of the rain.
Did you see Adam in the back right corner of the photo above? Do you see Amanda's cute shy smile and slight turn of her head?
 This was the sequence of photos of the "First Look."

 
Not long after that photo was taken, I slipped down the stairs with my camera in my hand. I saved the camera and landed squarely on my tush. Maybe it was more like bounced on my tush. 

The humidity was at 110%. The guys were so good to leave their jackets on for some of pictures. And I never heard a word from the girls worrying about their hair. 

 I don't know if you could tell or not, but their umbrellas are each a different animal print. They matched their shoes. Even though it wasn't raining at that exact moment, the umbrellas had to get photographed.
 One of the benefits of the rain was that the animals were out and about. We got lots of photos with the giraffes and hippos and zebras. This one is my favorite of Adam protecting her from the lions.
 Amanda had done her research, the same as their engagement photos, and had some super cute pose ideas planned ahead of time.

 Adam even got in on the cute pose planning.
 This is my favorite. It is not the best quality photo, but it is of their first prayer as husband and wife. The most important thing.
They had all kinds of cute "wild" details throughout the reception.

Comments

Popular Posts