Birthdays and adventures

Nothing makes a weekend better than birthday dinners and adventures.



We celebrated Mom's birthday with a homemade meal.
Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast with carrots, onions and mushrooms
homegrown corn
sweet potato and potato baked fries
Great Harvest bread and rolls
corn bread (for those gluten free diners)
salad with extra veggies
chocolate torte with raspberry sauce
apple pie



My mom misses the days of dropping off her film at the store and picking up pictures. So this is the 4th year that her birthday present has been a photo book from blurb.com that is a collection of photos and stories from throughout the year. It includes photos from mine, my dad and my sister's cameras. As you can see, it is a favorite gift for the whole family. 

After dinner we enjoyed the beginning of spring by going on an Adventure.



















We came home with our pants soaked around the ankles and our lungs full of fresh air. Some of the trio had to sit wrapped in blankets while their pants went thru the dryer.

C said "Aunt A, this is all of your fault that our pants are dirty and all wet."

I'll take that as a compliment.

Our adventure was a success.


In C.S. Lewis' book The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, there is a portion that describes when spring in Narnia is beginning and the ice and snow are melting. If my memory is correct, one of the lines is "Aslan is on the move."

There were so many little creaks of melting snow it felt like we were in Narnia. I was excited when I shouted out that line and J knew exactly what I was talking about.

Until the tulips are blooming, I will enjoy these signs of spring on the way.

~A

P.S.
A great photo, just because....



Comments

Popular Posts