Quick stories

A. In the past 7 days, I have driven (helped drive) up to Minnesota and back home and then to southern Florida. Thankfully, I got to fly home from Florida. That was plenty of time spent in a car for one week. 


B. The Minnesota trip was with my parents to attend a 70th birthday party for my dad's cousin's widow. We get to see her and her kids every few years. It is always good to see them. 

With the party, there was not much opportunity to really get to catch up with our cousins. We did however get to spend a lot of time catching up with a couple who happen to be friends with my dad's cousin and my aunt and uncle. We see them at a variety of family weddings, graduations, birthdays. They happen to live 10 minutes from my parents' house. So it was nice for all of us to drive 700 miles to spend the evening catching up with people who live in the same county as us. :)


C. The Florida trip was to help a friend of mine move there for the summer. She is volunteering at a ministry for single moms. 
She will be one of two mentors that help with everyday life with four single moms and their kids. 


D. Since we had a destination in mind and were using a map, it wasn't an official Roadtrip. We each had our own idea of the type of map we should use to find our way there.
By the end of the trip we both agreed it was good to have both kinds of maps....one that talked to us and the other that showed us the big picture.

E. On this particular trip I did something I almost never do....bought something at Casey's. You may have been one of the poor victims of one of my soapbox speeches on the fact that there is NOTHING sold at Casey's that I would eat or drink. I am now in the editing process to change my soapbox speech, because I bought something to eat/drink at Casey's.....

a cup of ice for $0.16.


F. My international friends "hid" a Chiquita sticker for me. I found it on Interstate 75 in Georgia!


G. I added another car to my 100,000 mile marker list. I believe I am up to 6 cars that I have been driving when they rolled over to 100,000 miles or 200,000. I can think of 4 that I have even had my camera ready for the exciting event.

We had to make a few loops around the rest stop parking lot in order to work it out for the photo opp. It made one of us nervous to be driving on the interstate while taking photos. 


H. I have to break it to my co-workers that I started the ice cream tour without them. I was feeling a little guilty about that fact until I learned that one of them started his own frozen custard tour without us also.

Can you guess which dish is mine?


I. We ate at a great cafe near New Beginnings. It focuses on using local foods and completely homemade. I had the buffalo chicken wrap with avocado, sprouts, tomatoes and lettuce, with a cup of tomato basil bisque. It was delicous. The wrap was a little spicier than I normally eat, but even though my mouth was burning, I still ate it all. 

My friend had a cheeseburger with hand-cut fries. She raved about it.





J. While I love a great adventure, it is good to be home.


PS - I just read my CFA's blog over at Look to Him and be Radiant. She has a beautiful post about making beautiful things. You must simply pop over there for a visit and to get a heads up on a give away she is hosting this week.

Comments

  1. Ha, I came here to catch up on your life (which I have been missing) and here you are inviting people to come and visit me! :)
    Can't wait to hear all of the stories- soon!
    And all bets on the blue ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts