Happy Day

I had a special errand to run today, so I took the day off from work. 

It was a beautiful, unusually warm December day. I popped in a Focus on the Family radio drama CD, set the car to cruise, and headed north. Three hours later I pulled into O'Hare International Airport, terminal 5.

I got there a little early, so I enjoyed a few more chapters in my book and some people watching. When the flight status changed to "landed" I had to work hard to stay in my seat. I knew it was going to take some time to unload the plane and get the luggage. When the status finally changed to show which exit that flight was assigned, I jumped up to try and get a front row "seat." And then I waited, and waited, and waited. Every time the doors opened, I scoped out all of the faces in the crowd. I was so excited to finally be the one on the other side of the ropes welcoming my people home. 

Pretty soon, I felt a little poke in my back and turned around to this cutie patootie....

The airport told me which door the flight was exiting, but it did not tell the passengers. International J and Princess Ballerina came out the other set of doors and I wasn't there to give them the "Rock Star Welcome" I had planned. But they found me!




It makes me happy to have them in the same time zone. The rest of the crew arrive next week after school gets out on break. 

And look what they brought with them...


My cup runneth over! Friends and Chocolate! 

And if the day could get any better, I also received two more gifts from International J's parents AND one of my vball teammates. They know me so well!



Now I just need to work on my self control and see how long I can make these last. 
International J suggested I share the Duplos with my co-workers. My original answer was "I don't think so." Now, I think I will compromise and share my "happy pills" instead. 


*****
Side notes - 
The bag of Yorks from my teammate was "payment" for mending a pocket he ripped in a pair of his volleyball shorts. I was impressed he remembered I like these. Maybe I talk about "happy pills" more often then I think.

Tonight was position night for our fall/winter session. We were tied for first. Our captain just accepted a new job in Chicago and this was her last game with our team. We really wanted to pull out a win for her, but sadly we only took 1 out of 3. But thankfully, they were 3 good games. 

*****

Friends home to visit, fresh chocolate and happy pills, and volleyball....maybe I should change the blog post title to Perfect Day. :)

*****
Update with photos from International J's camera.

Princess Ballerina's limo came equipped with some of her favorite snacks, books, an ipod with Princess Sofia songs, and a wrapped gift she got to open. She enjoyed the new Usborne doodle cards for a little bit, but eventually she decided she needed her beauty sleep and took a nap.


When we arrived at grandma and grandpa's house, she was all smiles again!

Comments

Popular Posts