Traditional Family Photo

We wrapped up our Christmas parties yesterday with the extended family Christmas at my parents' house. It is a time to get together, play games, catch up, and have a meal together. Not everyone can make it every year. This year the "direct contacts" included....

Oldest generation 

  • 5 out of 7 of my dad's siblings
  • 3 in-laws

Middle generation
  • me plus my 2 siblings
  • 3 of my cousins
  • 4 in-laws

Youngest generation
  • 5 of my nieces and nephews
  • 4 of my cousin's children
  • 1 in-law
Total Reach - 29 youth and adults

I need to work on my marketing campaign for attracting more of the middle generation. My generation is falling behind on attendance. 

But the good game players were there. I got in a couple of games of Codenames and Catch Phrase and sat in on a portion of American Trivia. I was not sad to miss out on the trivia game. I am really bad at any kind of trivia game.

My niece C was home sick on Christmas day, so we postponed our traditional family photo until yesterday. We have been taking a family photo each year at some point during the holiday season. We have taken it as early as Thanksgiving and as late as Jan. 6. But I still just call it our Christmas photo. 

2017

As I was editing this today, I decided I would share a few of past ones with you. I have a small photo album that I have them organized. After a short period of panic when I could not find my album, I discovered it and went through and scanned the older ones. So now I have a digital file and hard copy of each of our photos. We missed a photo in 2010, and before it was an official tradition there is a gap from the early 90s until 2000.

But I will spare you the whole collection. Here are a few from the timeline.

1993 
(maybe. I'm not 100% sure what year this was.)
Taken at my grandparent's house.

2003
J is one and my sister is pregnant with C.

2006
Ugh...the year of the beard. Little J's first Christmas. He was upset about the beard too.

 2009
The exact location as this year's photo. 

2011
H1s first Christmas.
Taken at my sister's house.

2015
H2s first Christmas.
Taken at my brother's house.

They are nothing fancy, but we like them. We each have a photo frame that get's updated each year. But other than showing you, we don't do much else with them.....yet. Now I'm going to start thinking of creative projects to more with them.

Do you take a family photo each year? What do you do with yours?

Comments

Popular Posts