Photo Booth

I've been back in the states for over a month but have failed to finish writing the blog stories. It is more fun to blog with friends :).

As I was finalizing my plans for packing, I debated on which laptop was best to bring along - work or personal. They each have one program that is unique to them. There was no way I was taking two computers, so I had to decide which program I was going to give up for three weeks. My personal laptop won the "contest" because I knew there would be some sad kids if I didn't have Photo Booth available.

This has become a favorite past time. And it is so much fun to watch from the sidelines too. 











There are so many funny, cute, interesting photos that were "surprises" for me. I may know that the photos are being taken, but I don't always sit close and see the final product. I added a few of my favorites in this online album.



***************

In more recent news....

After 16 years, today was my last day volunteering in Kids Church. I've worked with five different Kids Church pastors and seven of their assistants. I cannot begin to guess the number of other volunteers and kids I have worked with over the years. I have learned a lot, burned a lot of calories doing the motions to the music, and have built up a nice collection of Kids Church t-shirts. The current youth pastor is one of the many people at our church who started as a kid in Kids Church while I was volunteering, who continues to serve Jesus through a role in our church. It is a blessing to me to see them grow up. Now I will consider it a blessing to pass this particular volunteer role to the next generation. 

It takes a lot of energy to do the song motions :).


To contradict myself on the amount of energy I have, I subbed for an all-women's volleyball team tonight. For the most part of the past 20 years, I've been playing on a men's height net (about 8 feet tall). Tonight, the net was set at 7' 4". It makes a huge difference. I had two touches on a block.....meaning I can jump above the top of the net. The rest of the team were former/recent college vball players. I could learn so much from them.



Comments

Popular Posts