My Mom's Nutrition Information

I have shared this information with several people and have decided to save it here for easier sharing and updating.

I am very passionate and happy with the improvements we have seen in my mom's health since she added these supplements to her daily routine. 

Our goals for my mom are with her neurological health.

MTC Oil
 - I linked to the brand I got for mom, but the only reason I got this brand it because it is in a capsule and available from an online health food store that I have a membership. There are a lot of other brands. I haven't done research or tried other brands yet. We are also adding Coconut oil to smoothies, made with full fat yogurt. The healthy fats are what the brain needs for energy.

Tumeric - This is a highly recommended brand. It reduces inflammation throughout the body - including the brain. Both my parents are taking it and dad has noticed a difference in his aching body. He doesn't hurt as much since he started taking it. 
Vitamin D3 - Garden of Life is a highly recommended, good quality brand. Vit. D3 is the sunshine vitamin. We had mom's level tested with her family doctor. She was very low....most people are. It is a fat soluble vitamin and should be taken with food and at the same time as your Omega 3.
Omega 3 - I use the Healthy Hormones version and got the same for mom.
a good probiotic 
Frankincense essential oil in liquid coconut oil that she puts on her face and arms each morning

Frankincense essential oil that she put a drop on her thumb and puts it in the top of her mouth each night

Protein Powder with MCT oil added - Dr. Axe has several different flavors and some good articles explaining the benefits....that go beyond brain health.

These links are brands that I trust. But there are also others that are just as good and maybe even better. Be aware there are a LOT of vitamins out there that are worthless and even detrimental to your health. Please purchase the high quality vitamins. 

Another lifestyle change that helped was getting a dog that she goes outside to walk several times a day. 

When we originally started this journey of helping improve my mom's short term memory I was led to the Awakening from Alzheimer's series by my functional medicine doctor. I watched the series online, bought the DVDs and continue to follow them on social media. If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know. Otherwise, I encourage you to look it up online and continue your own research. 

Be encouraged that there is help and healthy ways to improve deteriorating memory and more serious neurological problems. 


Recipes that we can "sneak" more healthy fats into her diet...
Coconut Almond Energy Bites
Healthy Peanut Butter Twix Bars - please use peanut butter that is natural (only ingredients are peanuts and maybe sea salt)
Fruit Smoothie: favorite frozen fruit, whole-milk organic yogurt (equal amount of plain and vanilla) protein powder and 2 T of coconut oil. 


Comments

Popular Posts