I finally have an office with windows!


It is not quite what I had in mind but I will count it as a blessing. 

Since 2011, I have been whining, begging, demanding, bargaining, and asking for a skylight to be put into my window-less office. The first 13 years of my career I enjoyed offices with big windows that opened. The second half of my career moved me to a space with great windows in the lobby...but not in my office. Most of our offices do not have windows. None of the current building window's open. I am constantly propping the doors open to get fresh air. 

I am a huge fan of sunshine and fresh air. But I also love my job. Most days I can't have both. 

But starting today, I have a new, temporary office space. It is a corner office with 5 windows. Sadly, I haven't gotten these windows re-furbished yet, so they still don't open. But the front door does!


And I'm just steps away from the enclosed porch and porch swing. And all of those windows open. So as soon as it warms up, I will be all set.

Welcome to my new home office. It is a good thing I kept this room pretty sparse until now. 

For anyone willing to take a risk, I have two chairs ready for visitors. I'll put a cup of tea on and we can chat. Otherwise, you can catch me online for a video chat or on my phone. 

Stay happy and healthy. Eat your fruits and veggies, drink plenty of water, and rest well. 

Love ~ A

Comments

Popular Posts