Happy Birthday CJD

I wish I could use her full name. It is a beautiful name. If I had a little girl, I would name her after CJD. Not just because she has a beautiful name, but because she is beautiful inside and out.


2012

CJD and I have had our fair share of adventures together. The first time I met her she was 4 years old, hiding behind her dad's legs. He brought her into the office to pick up forms to sign up her older brothers for 4-H. CJD wouldn't talk to me.


circa 2002

One summer later, she was my unofficial assistant throughout the 4-H Show. For 3 days, anytime she could convince her mom to let her go, she was by my side. At that point in time, I did not know her family very well. CJD told me a very detailed story about the dairy cow her grandpa had given her. The story even included its ear tag number. I was totally convinced that she was telling me the truth. I had no idea that her grandparents do not live on a dairy farm. It was years later before I discovered that the story was all in her imagination. 


In the mean time we became great friends. It was always a great day when CJD would stop by the office for a visit.



This was one of my favorite adventures that we went on together. A fancy dinner out for her birthday and she asked if we could take our American Girl dolls with us. Since I didn't have one, she brought one for me. 


 2011

Oh wait! Space Camp was one of my favorite adventures with CJD. That was a trip of a lifetime and I was so blessed to have gotten to experience it with her and 50 other junior high youth. ;) How many friends can say they flew a space shuttle mission together, experienced a mission control emergency and lived to tell about it?


 I'm not quite sure how many 4-H Shows we went through together. Was it 10? Or 11?

 This is one of my favorite photos from my M-P 4-H days.





2014

I am looking forward to many more game nights and basketball games and graduation parties and all of the new adventures we will go on together.

Happy Birthday sweet friend!
~A


******************************************************
My current remodeling project is gaining momentum. 
It has been a dusty mess, but I am determined it is going to be beautiful when I am done. Stay tuned for the final results.

Comments

Popular Posts