The New Beginnings

My recent trip to Florida was to help my friend move there to volunteer at The New Beginnings ministry for single moms. While I was there, I got to do photo sessions with each of the moms and most of the staff. This week, I finished editing their photos and emailed them online albums. Within a day, I started seeing the photos pop up on facebook and then I discovered their website had been updated to include their favorites. 

I was so happy they like them.

And I am also happy to be able to share some of them with you.












This couple and their kids are on staff.




And my dear friend who is settling in just fine with all of the ladies and their kids. 

You can see more about The New Beginnings and the work they are doing at http://www.thenewbeginnings.org/home.html

As I was poking around their website I came across this quote that I found very insightful.

“Single parents and their kids are modern-day widows and orphans,” Gary Sprague, founder of 17-yr-old Center for Single-Parent Family Ministry.
Today 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 – a total of about 17.5 million – are being raised without a father and nearly half (45%) live below the poverty line.



  (singlemotherguide.com)

If you live near me, you can always get involved in the work going on at Dream Center Peoria. http://www.dreamcenterpeoria.org/index.html Their ministries include a shelter for single moms and their kids, plus so much more.

But don't wait for a formal event or volunteer application process to take the time to reach out to single moms or their kids. They need babysitters, company for dinner, lessons on homemaking, assistance with their house/car/apartment, mentors for themselves and their kids and encouragement. Each of us can help with that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts