Rest and Recuperation

Before I tell you about the adventures we went on today, let me give you a quick look at what we have been up to while everyone has been resting and recuperating....

Captain America led me on a photo expedition to find some flowers to photograph. 




Princess Ballerina wanted to walk to the flower shop with us to pick out a new bouquet of tulips, but she was still sick AND in her pajamas. So instead she waited in my room (which is on the ground floor) and watched out the window, while International J and I walked two blocks to the flower shop. When we returned she announced that she saw 11 cars and 40 birds. I believe she also mentioned she saw five people. 
She approved of the orange tulip selection.
The girls worked on another yarn art project. They made this one for someone special in the states. I better not say who in case they are reading the blog updates. I don't want to ruin the surprise.
Captain America took me to his handball practice, where he scored two out of the three goals his team made to win the practice game. 


International J and I made it to volleyball again this week. They were so sweet to let me jump in and play with them. They play by different rules than I do at home, so they extended much grace to me as I tried to adjust. I was on the winning team this week. This photo is of both teams (plus J, who is taking the picture.) We only played 4 on 4 and used a smaller court size. 
E.H.B. helped me make brownie bites. This was one of the things that did not make the cut when packing my suitcase. During their last visit, the trio fell in love with store bought brownie bites from Sam's. They happen to be very dense, heavy, and come in a large package. So rather than carry them here, I promised I would make them some homemade brownie bites. We are currently on our second batch of them and are planning on making batch #3 soon. 





Snacks, board games, movies, dance parties, new games we make up on the spot (and change the rules as we wish), YouTube videos, and naps have also been part of the fun. 



I am excited to say that everyone went to school today. We are still working through the last few symptoms of the virus, runny nose and cough, but the fever is gone and the energy levels are returning back to normal. K mentioned that he felt "hot" and I sprang into action and made him a cup of my "magic tea" (1 T apple cider vinegar, 1 T honey, 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice, and hot water.) He very willingly drank it. I'm praying that virus didn't get him too. 

I'm excited to share the photos and stories of Karnival and our road trip that we took today. But it will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, I'll sign off with the brownie bites recipe.


*********

Melt 200 grams (7 oz) of good chocolate in a double broiler on the stove. 

While that is melting slowly.....
beat 3 eggs in a separate bowl
Add 
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
Beat again

When the chocolate is melted...
Add
3 T dutch-processed cocoa powder
120 grams (1/2 cup) butter
and stir until butter is melted. You can turn the heat off while the butter is melting. There is enough heat in the double broiler for the butter to melt. It also helps the mixture begin to cool down before the next step.

Add a portion of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and beat. Add the remaining chocolate and 1 cup flour. Stir until combined.

The mixture will be stiff.

I like to use a cookie scoop to fill the mini muffin tins. 

Bake at 175 Celcius (350 Fahrenheit) for 17 minutes. 

(If you want to make a normal pan of brownies, put the mixture in a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.)

Comments

Popular Posts